General Parenting Philosophy Information:
Sears Family Parenting
About Breastfeeding, In Private and Public:
Watch Your Language: Breast is NOT Best!
Nursing in Public
La Leche League
Militant Breastfeeding Cult
Attachment Parenting International Explains
Co-Sleeping Safety Study
Solitary or Shared Sleep: What's Safe?
Cosleeping is Twice as Safe
Not Designed to Sleep Alone
- It his body, and should be his choice.
- There is no medical or hygiene benefit to circumcision, despite popular misconceptions to the contrary.
- It's not any harder to keep clean.
- The foreskin serves a purpose and is not useless skin.
- If our boys one day decided to be circumcised, they can make that choice and have it done fairly easily. If we choose to have them circumcised without their consent and they were to one day want to restore, it would be a long and uncomfortable process (3 years or more), and would still not be exactly like an uncircumcised penis.
Male Circumcision in the USA: A Human Rights Primer (This article has great information refuting generalizations from the recent study on AIDS transmission and circumcision in Africa.)
National Organization of Circumcision Information Resource Centers
International Coalition for Genital Integrity
Circumcision Information and Resource Pages
John Taylor Gatto: Challenging the Myths of Modern Schooling
Home Education Magazine: Homeschooling FAQ
About Family Size
We believe that the number of children a couple has is an intensely heartfelt and personal decision, and that it should be prayerfully considered. The reasons people have one, or many, children are very diverse and are often private matters between the couple and God. We believe that when people are attentive to God's direction in their lives in this matter, they will feel so led when the time is right for another child. While we aren't at all "quiverfull" (practicing no birth control whatsoever), we do believe in remaining open to God's decision to add another family member when God places is on your heart. We also believe that when you trust in Him and follow His guidance, he will provide for your needs, therefore we do not believe in waiting until the retirement fund is fully funded and a family is rich before having another child. Children are not nearly as expensive as are lifestyles.
See Lots of Kids